It is with great excitement that we announce the Star Playerz Awards, presented by the Hannibal Navies Foundation. Athletics provides a strong foundation for students and the Star Playerz Award celebrates the commitment, dedication and integrity it takes to be both a star player and a strong student. The S.P. Awards are designed to commend our local student-athletes for being positive role models for the community and to help motivate them to strive for excellence not only on the field, but in the classroom and the community as well.
The Hannibal Navies Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established established in 2003 by former professional linebacker, Hannibal Navies. An avid believer in making a deposit in the community, Navies formed the foundation to cultivate successful, well-rounded student-athletes by providing applications for growth on and off the field.
Throughout the school year, Star Playerz & the Navies Foundation will recognize a student-athlete from a local high school in Oakland. Athletes may be nominated by a school coach, principal, or athletic director.
Recipients will receive:
1. An engraved trophy recognizing him/her as the monthly honoree
2. Award presentation at the recipient’s school or team event.
3. Feature on Star Playerz website and social media (Facebook/Twitter/InstaGram)
4. $100 donation from the Navies Foundation to the honoree’s high school athletic program.
The High School Student-Athlete of the Month Award, presented by the Navies Foundation, is awarded to athletes that accomplish outstanding athletic performance in a specific month.
To recognize and highlight the monthly accomplishments of local high school athletes.
To be eligible, athletes must:
• Attend high school in Oakland, CA.
• Participate, on school’s behalf, in one of the sports recognized by Star Playerz*.
*(Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field)
• Have excelled in athletic competition during the month of recognition.
• Nominees are accepted for their athletic accomplishments during the academic school year between October & May.
• Student athletes may receive nominations from their school principal, athletic director, and/or coach.
• Only one male and/or one female nominee are allowed for each school, per sport.
• Nominees should be recognized by their coaches for:
(1) Outstanding sportsmanship; and
(2) Superior performances in athletic competition.
• Academic and community service accolades may be considered as well.
• Nominations must be submitted via email to Nominees@StarPlayerz.com using the Star Playerz nomination form or mailed to the address below.
• Athletes may only win this award once per sport, per academic year.
SUBMIT ATHLETE OF THE MONTH NOMINATION FORMS TO:
Athlete of the Month
317 Washington Street, Ste.229
Oakland, CA 94607